Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Types of Tattoos

Did you know not only is there a world of tattoos that is filled with different shapes, sizes and genres of tattoos but more then anything there are different types of tattoos. Many people don't realize that there are so many different types and ways of styling tattoos. Most of which are really impressive and you really should look into before picking a tattoo, some might change your mind.



So to start, there are Pledge or Dedication:

These are your old time "traditional" out west tattoos that war heroes would get before going off to war to show their love or after to show their time served. They usually consisted of a heart and banner with a name, or anchor with a ship name, of a representation of your military regiment.

Simplified and Stylized

These are the tattoos that look like cartoons in a sense. Some are known as flash, they are tattoos that have been simplified to the very least they can be like hearts, some simple flowers, leaves and some other images and characters.


Abstract

When you see a Celtic, modern symbol, or tribal tattoo you are looking at abstract. It may stand for something else but it really is just a symbol.


Naturalistic

These are the tattoos that look so real you think you could touch it and it will jump off some one's arm. There are few tattoo artists in the world that can do these well but the ones that can are impressive. Portraits also fall under this category. Anything that looks realistic.


Complex and Combination

These are some of the most popular tattoos there are. like the traditional Japanese body suits and people that have sleeves that each picture really doesn't have too much to do with the one beside it but they are woven together. The down fall to these kinds of tattoos is that they can look really messy if you are not careful and get someone that doesn't care as much.



So what about you? What kind suits your fancy?

5 comments:

  1. hmmm;;What suits my fancy...?
    well.
    I love tattoos that have meaning behind them,
    meanings that have to be explained by the person who has it.
    like;If someone has a tattoo of a frog, they have a meaning behind it other than its their favorite animal.
    I dont like tribal tattoos they are too common.
    something that is original makes me happy, like the Nintendo logo, or something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Simplified and Stylized
    tattoos. I love cartoons. =] When I saw the Snoopy and Woodstock one it put a smile on my face. They are so cute, and even though they may mean nothing to some people, they always mean something to you. Plus, I'm a little kid at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the Batman Symbol fall under Cartoon? (hopefully not) or abstract symbol?
    Well..whatever it goes under thats me, cause if Im getting a tatoo its the Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. probably simplified and stylized. i'd love to get just a simple little tattoo on my ankle or my shoulder of the canadian flag. haha. i also think it'd be pretty cool if i could get one that looks like barbed wire around my wrist. but that sounds suuuuuuuuper painful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...I would either want a heart on my foot or stars on my hips! So I think that would be symbols, haha im not sure!

    ReplyDelete