Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Star Tattoos


Tattoos are a growing fad, I seem to say that in every blog, but they are, and so are what people are getting as tattoos.
The tattoo that more girls across the nation has, more then anything else is some sort of star tattoo. This trend started in the 80s and never really died. Women thought it was cute or sweet to have a little tattoo, and what's cuter then a little star on your neck, ankle, wrist, or arm. Just like women, men do it as well, but not with stars, with coy fish or bears, or some sort of tough animal. But you see copycat tattoos everywhere, even if you don't realize it. Celebrities such as Ashlee Simpson, Gisele Bundchen, Rihanna, and of course Kat Von D all sport star tattoos. Each of which are cute yes, but getting overrated. Tattoo artists have complained about the many stars a year they have to do, most of which without reason. Ami James himself when interviewed said "It's not like star tattoos are difficult, I can do them without drawing them first, but so many people want them, it's so unoriginal."
And he's right. The point of getting a tattoo in my mind, and in the minds of some others is to set yourself apart from everyone else, to show that you're different. But how does that happen when you all have the same tattoo? How can you prove yourself your own person when you do something that makes you just another part of the crowd?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree with you. My friend just recently got a star tattoo behind her ear, and some stars across her feet. I mean, yeah it's cute, but if I got a tattoo I'd want it to be original, to me. And I would want it to be meaningful, or representative of me. I think if you got a star, but maybe made it original in some way, that would be cool. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. evvveryone gets stars, probably because they turned eighteen, didn't know what to get, and you can't really regret getting a star.

    I wouldn't get one, and I'd talk anyone out of getting a star if they tried.

    ReplyDelete